Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Citizens-Advice-North-Herts/opportunities/Volunteer-Administrators/49071 to join
SummaryPrinting, scanning, diary scheduling...we need volunteer administrators to support in all areas across our organisation.
Citizens Advice North Herts are a local charity, improving lives by giving people free advice and support in times of need.
Our Administrators play a key role by supporting our office and advice service to have a positive impact on our community.
What you may do:
● complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
● help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service
● answer the telephone, reply to emails and post
● type up letters and read through documents checking for mistakes
● print and scan documents using a printer
● update spreadsheets and databases
Personal skills and qualities that an Administrator needs:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- Have good IT skills
- Have excellent verbal communication skills including telephone skills
- Be flexible and will to work as a team
- Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- Able to access relevant information including electronic and written materials
What’s in it for you?
- Gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, IT skills and working in a team
- Increase your employability
- Contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- An opportunity to meet other volunteers and attend team meetings
- A named supervisor for regular contact
- Have a positive impact in your community
- Reimbursement of travel/parking expenses
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.