IT and Facilities Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolherts.org.uk/o/Citizens-Advice-North-Herts/opportunities/IT-and-Facilities-Support-Volunteer/48385 to join
SummaryWhether it's IT set-up, software support, or minor repairs and dealing with suppliers, you'll be helping our advice service support the community.
Citizens Advice North Herts are a local charity, improving lives by giving people free advice and support in times of need.
The IT/Facilities Support Volunteer plays a key role by supporting our office and advice service to have a positive impact on our community.
What you may do:
● complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
● help with IT set-up and software updates
● provide general knowledge support for MS Office Suite
● carry out minor repairs
● liase with suppliers, for example, placing orders, getting quotes
Personal skills and qualities that an Administrator needs:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- Have bespoke skills in both using and maintaining IT
- Have excellent verbal communication skills including telephone skills
- Be flexible and will to work as a team
- Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
What’s in it for you?
- Gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, IT skills and working in a team
- Increase your employability
- Contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- An opportunity to meet other volunteers and attend team meetings
- A named supervisor for regular contact
- Have a positive impact in your community
- Reimbursement of travel/parking expenses